Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...



Mr. C has been staying with his dad during the week leaving me here to fend for myself. Well... it's not quite that bad. I was telling a girlfriend one night last week that as a 40-something - I have NEVER lived alone. Never paid my own rent or utilities. Never. This, right now, is as close to living alone as I have ever come! Granted, I don't have the responsibility of paying my rent or utilities - but just spending time alone in the house has been kind of an awakening.

On the weekends Mr. C & I go out with friends to a local bar to listen to bands, have some food, maybe a couple drinks & just have a good time. Last Friday one of the couples we hang out with arranged to pick me up & take me with them - Mr. C would meet us there. We ordered our food & talked before the band started... I kept waiting for Mr. C to show up. Finally... I saw him looking in the front window of the bar! My heart skipped a beat! I was at the front door before he got completely in and gave him a big kiss right in front of the bouncer! I told Geno (the bouncer) that I hadn't seen him in a week... to which he replied, he hadn't seen Mr. C in a week either but he wasn't going to kiss him!

Absence does make the heart grow fonder I guess. As we sat at the table we held hands & smooched! We danced. We talked & laughed. I realized at some point, that his was much like dating. The anticipation of his arrival. There was a tingle of excitement holding hands & having his arm around my waist & nuzzling his neck as we danced. Without going into any more detail... you can imagine how the night ended.

We spent Saturday & Sunday catching up on the week's events and did some shopping & spent more time with friends. When he left on Sunday afternoon I was sad to see him leave - but you'd better believe I'm looking forward to Friday night again!

No comments:

Post a Comment