Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring is just around the corner...







.... I just know it!! And I'm ready!! By the weekend we're supposed to have temperatures in the low 50's! My daughter, who lives in North Carolina, is as antsy for spring as I am. She's got bulbs started in pots & has cleared out a space along the side of their home to plant bushes! Lucky her! I'm so jealous!

Here at the little blue cottage, along the backyard fence, there's a row of lilac bushes and the birds have been hanging out there the last couple weeks singing at the tops of their little voices! "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" - that's what I think they sing! A couple days ago there was a black squirrel about 20 feet from my deck - he was as big as a cat!

There are peony pushes along the front fence, a few irises planted near the front septs and a rose bush climbing up the lattice on the porch. I'd like to put another sheet of lattice on the other end of the porch as there's another bush that hangs over the railing. The front flower beds are over-run with weeds so as soon as the snow is gone I'll clean those out... and when we've had our last frost I'd like to put in some Lily of the Valley, fern & hostas - as soon as the "greenhouses" are up at local stores.

Yesterday I brought a couple of the patio chairs and a side table out onto the porch... a hint to Mother Nature that I'M READY to spend some time outside! I didn't bring in the wrought iron hanging basket last fall so it's still hanging on the porch just waiting for a beautiful pot of cascading flowers to be placed in it!



For those of us who are challenged by not having enough room to grow a "proper" garden... I thought this was a neat idea! Wonder if I can talk Mr. C into anything like this?

What do you like about spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment